Things I've Talked About

18 weeks (1) 20 week scan (1) 20 weeks (1) 24 weeks 1 day (1) 26 weeks 1 day (1) 34 weeks (1) 35 weeks 5 days (1) 37 weeks (1) 39 weeks 1 day (1) 4 months (1) AIOs (1) allergies (1) anatomy scan (1) anniversary (1) anxiety (5) baby belly (1) Baby G (2) baby names (1) becoming a mom (1) bed rest (1) being neurotic (1) belly touching (2) birth story (2) birth weight (3) birth wishes (2) birthing class (1) blogging (2) blood pressure (3) boobs (3) breastfeeding (3) C25K (1) cake (1) Chair and a 1/2 (1) children (1) cholestasis (2) choroid plexus cyst (3) Christmas (1) chromosome (2) clot diapers (1) clothes (1) D and C (1) day care (1) depression (7) dizziness (1) doctor (4) doppler (3) dry heave (1) emotions (2) epidural (2) family (1) fatigue (1) favorite things (1) fear (1) fears (1) fetal pole (1) first time mom (2) Five Question Friday (13) flutters (1) food aversions (1) gagging (1) gas (1) gDiapers (1) Glad (1) going public (1) grieving (1) Guilt (2) hair (2) happy pill (3) headaches (1) heart beat (2) hippies (1) IComLeavWe (4) inhaler (1) kicks (2) labor (2) life (5) mannequins (1) maternity shirt (1) mattress (1) medication (1) Memorable Moment Monday (3) miscarriage (9) models (1) mommy musings (2) monosomy x (2) morning sickness (2) mourning (1) movement (3) movies (1) NaBloPoMo (3) nausea (1) needles (1) New Beginnings (1) New Year's (1) NT scan (1) opinions (1) PAIL (4) parenting decisions (3) period (1) pictures i drew (1) pocket diapers (1) poke (1) pops (1) post (1) postpartum (4) pre-eclampsia (1) pre-folds (1) pregnancy (8) pregnancy brain (1) Pregnant Lady PSA (1) Ramblings (2) Rememberance Day (1) Remembrance Day (1) SAHM (1) scared (1) second trimester (1) shimmy (1) silly things I have done (1) similarities (1) smart knot (1) Snappi (1) sofa (1) spotting (1) stuffy nose (1) telling people (3) therapy (1) things to remember (1) third trimester (6) thoughts (1) Turner Syndrome (1) ultrasound (2) uterus (1) Valentine's Day (1) Wednesday Weigh In (21) working (1) yolk sac (1)

Monday, August 27, 2012

Mommy Musings

* It was hard waking up at 6:20 this morning after getting to sleep in 'till 7 all last week. That 40 minute difference is kicking my butt!

* I told Hubby that working out once a week is nice, but not enough. He said I can start working out at the club house gym twice a week and I want to start tomorrow. I just don't know how we will work it around G's evening nap and Hubby's schedule. But losing more of this baby weight is important to me. I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror carrying G last night. I still look pregnant and I'm tired of my clothes not fitting. Plus my sister is getting married in June and I'd like to look good!

* A couple friend of ours threw a party for their baby's first birthday yesterday. G was awesome with the crowed. I, on the other hand, was not. There was a 10 year old who insisted that shoving toys in G's face, shaking rattles in his face, throwing balloons at his head, and piling toys on top of him was okay because G "was bored." It took everything in me not to go postal on this kid. Hubby and I have no idea who the kid belonged to and G was one of about 8 babies at this party; what this kid's fascination with G was is still any one's guess. I was ready to leave within the hour we got there, after I got walked in on by one of our friend's mothers just after I had finished nursing G. It was hot, it was crowded, and although G seemed happy once he nursed a bit, I felt overwhelmed.

* Said party would have been more tolerable if 1) I wasn't weening off my meds and 2) it wasn't for the baby who would have been 2 weeks older than our little girl. I started crying when everyone started singing "Happy Birthday" because I couldn't help but think we would have been doing that in another couple of weeks if I didn't lose G's big sister.

* I may not get to plan a First Birthday party (yet), but we will be celebrating G's birthday with cake tonight. Yay Cake!

* After the party over the weekend I am not sure what I want to do for G's first birthday, invite-wise. My in-laws will probably want to do something. I have panic attacks when the two families get together so I'm not sure about just family. I'd love a party with just our friends and their kids, but then family may get hurt. I hate crowds so I'm not sure about a party with family and friends. I still have some time to think about it...

* Speaking of friends, one of Hubby's friends told his sister-in-law I had a cerclage. Which I hadn't. Said SIL came to me for comfort and advice over the weekend. Which I couldn't. She was misinformed and I feel awful about it. Does anyone know of fellow bloggers who have blogged about having one and went on to have a take home baby? If so, please let me know!

* I started taking my Happy Pill every other day last Wednesday. I think that explains my moodiness and breakdowns over the weekend. We will see what happens at work this week. Everyone annoyed me today but I don't know if I'm still frustrated over the happenings from the weekend or if I'm going backwards emotionally or if I'm PMSing or what!

* Bio Liners for cloth diapers = AMAZING! I'm far less grossed out changing G's poopy diapers now.

* G started solids a month ago and lemme tell you. I miss breastfed poop! I never thought I'd say something like that -- ever. But it's true!

* I'll be posting my Memorable Moment later tonight -- I promise that will be more enjoyable than this post. I just needed to get some of these things off my chest. If you made it this far: thank you for reading!!



2 comments:

  1. Ugg I would have been so frustrated with that kid bugging G at the birthday party!! We aren't sure what to do for Alidia's either.. don't think I want a big crowd.

    We have been facing the scary not just breastmilk poop this month too and for the first time yesterday it REALLY stunk!! :P

    Hope you start to feel a bit better soon. I am sure cutting down your pills is a big adjustment that will take time to feel right but you'll get there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to make yourself and your health a priority. It really is so important for your physical AND mental/emotional health to feel good about your body.

    Bioliners - I'll have to check them out. I miss breastfed poop too!!

    ReplyDelete