In the past month you have:
* Been eating solids -- pear, squash, and bananas from a jar, rice cereal and oatmeal, and fresh carrots and peaches. You haven't really liked fruits as much as you've liked vegetables. Tomorrow we do fresh bananas -- they aren't purple and hopefully you'll like them. Later this week we'll be doing avocado and green beans.
* Been able to roll over both ways.
* Been able to crawl.
* Been walking as long as someone holds you up. You've started to walk to particular things you want to play with or look at (toys, fish tank...The other afternoon you walked to your car seat when I picked you up from Grannie and Grandpa's -- you seemed to know it was time to leave).
* Loved sitting up, but prefer to stand and walk.
* Started to kick a ball when your held up.
* Started laughing!
* Gotten better about going down for your first two naps of the day. We are still working on going down for your third one without a fight.
And that's about all that I can think of. You still love bath time. I am hoping I can convince Daddy to take you to the pool this weekend. I have signed you up for swimming class, but that doesn't start until November and I'm anxious to see if you enjoy the pool as much as your little tub.
Over the weekend we met a baby who was born the same day as you. He seemed pretty content laying on the floor staring at the ceiling. You're definitely a curious little mover and a shaker! I hope you don't lose your sense of wonder. It's one of the things I love about you.
You were quick to grab at the frosting. Luckily it didn't really go in your mouth, although Daddy let you have a tiny taste. Your eyes lit up when you tasted it.
I promise you'll get a fantastic cake you'll be able to eat once you turn a year old -- frosting and all!
I love you,
Mommy

Happy 5 month birthday!!! I love having my daughter at the table when we eat...it's nice to have a meal as a family....you must have been super quick getting that cake away...my daughter is so fast would have finished before my fingers left the plate to take the picture!
ReplyDeleteHappy 5 months baby G!!! Wow, it sounds as if he is very much on the move for 5 months. That is great that he is so interested in exploring his surroundings... even if it does mean you might have to chase after him earlier than expected!! ;) Love his little 5 month cake.. he looks very interested!
ReplyDeleteLOL. Eat the frosting or use it like play doh. Either way is good! :) He's darling! And sounds like a cute little bundle of energy. :)
ReplyDelete