Things I've Talked About

18 weeks (1) 20 week scan (1) 20 weeks (1) 24 weeks 1 day (1) 26 weeks 1 day (1) 34 weeks (1) 35 weeks 5 days (1) 37 weeks (1) 39 weeks 1 day (1) 4 months (1) AIOs (1) allergies (1) anatomy scan (1) anniversary (1) anxiety (5) baby belly (1) Baby G (2) baby names (1) becoming a mom (1) bed rest (1) being neurotic (1) belly touching (2) birth story (2) birth weight (3) birth wishes (2) birthing class (1) blogging (2) blood pressure (3) boobs (3) breastfeeding (3) C25K (1) cake (1) Chair and a 1/2 (1) children (1) cholestasis (2) choroid plexus cyst (3) Christmas (1) chromosome (2) clot diapers (1) clothes (1) D and C (1) day care (1) depression (7) dizziness (1) doctor (4) doppler (3) dry heave (1) emotions (2) epidural (2) family (1) fatigue (1) favorite things (1) fear (1) fears (1) fetal pole (1) first time mom (2) Five Question Friday (13) flutters (1) food aversions (1) gagging (1) gas (1) gDiapers (1) Glad (1) going public (1) grieving (1) Guilt (2) hair (2) happy pill (3) headaches (1) heart beat (2) hippies (1) IComLeavWe (4) inhaler (1) kicks (2) labor (2) life (5) mannequins (1) maternity shirt (1) mattress (1) medication (1) Memorable Moment Monday (3) miscarriage (9) models (1) mommy musings (2) monosomy x (2) morning sickness (2) mourning (1) movement (3) movies (1) NaBloPoMo (3) nausea (1) needles (1) New Beginnings (1) New Year's (1) NT scan (1) opinions (1) PAIL (4) parenting decisions (3) period (1) pictures i drew (1) pocket diapers (1) poke (1) pops (1) post (1) postpartum (4) pre-eclampsia (1) pre-folds (1) pregnancy (8) pregnancy brain (1) Pregnant Lady PSA (1) Ramblings (2) Rememberance Day (1) Remembrance Day (1) SAHM (1) scared (1) second trimester (1) shimmy (1) silly things I have done (1) similarities (1) smart knot (1) Snappi (1) sofa (1) spotting (1) stuffy nose (1) telling people (3) therapy (1) things to remember (1) third trimester (6) thoughts (1) Turner Syndrome (1) ultrasound (2) uterus (1) Valentine's Day (1) Wednesday Weigh In (21) working (1) yolk sac (1)

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Hair, Hair Everywhere!

Baby G was born with some hair. I was one proud momma over this. The old wives tale proved right with me: heartburn did equal a head of hair on my baby.

His head of hair didn't stick around too long. A few weeks after we brought Baby G home it started to fall out. I'd lift him out of who's crib to find a circle of it on the mattress. I had to use a lint roller every time I got him out of his crib. I'd find it on his back, I'd pick it off my arms and shoulders.

I didn't expect Baby G's hair to fall out. I thought it would just continue to grow. But alas, it was falling out and the longer, darker strands I was so excited over were being replaced with blonde fuzz.

Baby G has not been the only one to lose their hair around here.

Not long after Baby G's hair loss got under control, I started noticing strands of my hair all over the place. I knew my hair would fall out after I had Baby G. My friends told me stories about how their hair would fall out in clumps. But I chose to stay ignorant, thinking my hair would fall out at the same rate it did pre-pregnancy, which was quite a bit.

But Oh.My.Goodness!

We seem to have a layer of my hair coating the floor. Now that Baby G is scooting around he is picking up stray hairs and I'm having to pull them out of his fists or off his clothes before they end up in his mouth.

Hubby was used to having to pick my hairs off his clothes, but now he seems to constantly be doing it.

I'm pulling fist fulls of hair when I wash it. I can feel them gliding down my legs as I rinse. Ew.

I found a hair in our box of laundry detergent one morning. This is a box keept in the closet on a high shelf. I lost an hour of sleep trying to figure out how the heck that one, lonely hair ended up there.

I think the only place we haven't found my hair is in our food. This surprises me because I have done a lot of cooking lately.

I'll be happy when my hair stops shedding like this. I hate stray hairs. Finding them gives me the heebie jeebies, even if they are mine. I'd be even happier if it were only the newly sprouting gray hairs that were the ones to fall out.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go vacuum!

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel. My hair has been falling out like crazy post pregnancy as well.... one reason I am glad I cut it so short because at least the pieces we find everywhere are only small! ;) I hoping this issue improves... for both of us!

    ReplyDelete