We should be moving into a two bedroom apartment in a week or two!
I cannot begin to explain just how excited I am about this. Why? Because Baby G will finally have his own room.
We live in a one bedroom condo. It's small, ya'll. You can stand in the middle, turn around once, and pretty much see everything. We ran out of room when Hubby and I got married. We had to get a storage unit to put pretty much every.single.wedding present we received because we had no room for them in our condo!
Baby G started out in our bedroom. I sold our computer desk which left a space just big enough to put a mini-crib in a corner. I wasn't happy about the mini-crib; I wanted a full size crib so we wouldn't have to buy a larger one down the road, but there just wasn't room. Luckily, my in-laws bought the full size crib and keeping it at their house until we need it and my best friend was awesome enough to buy the mini-crib. I swear babies bring out the best in people!
Sharing a room worked out for about a week after we brought Baby G home. Then we realized that gas and poop gave him problems. He'd start screeching and crying out (still asleep) from about 4am - 7am. Every time he made a noise my milk came in.
Not only that, but Hubby snores. So if I wasn't woken up to Baby G I was woken up by Hubby.
I had no other choice but to sleep on the couch. And this is where I stayed until Baby G was almost 9 weeks old.
Luckily, we bought new couches (I forsaw lots of sleep-couching due to Hubby's snoring and I was correct). They are pull out ones, but it was such a hassle to pull the bed out and put everything back together in the morning that I didn't bother.
When I returned to work Hubby insisted I start sleeping in bed again. I tried. I even tried with ear plugs. I just couldn't do it.
So we moved Baby G to the living room.
The mini-crib is small enough to fit through the bedroom door easily so we'd slide it to the living room at night and bring it back into the bedroom for Baby G's naps.
This didn't work out too well. Baby G hates our bedroom. I really think he's scared of the dark and our bedroom was just too dark for him. I also hated the wear and tear we were putting on the crib. I didn't want to wear it out too much in case we had to use it for our future children.
So as of a couple of weeks ago, I started keeping the crib in the living room full time. This means that nap time is almost 100% quiet time. It's nice because Hubby and I can lay in bed and rest as well, but it sucks because if we need to do something we can't (example: I started writing this while waiting for Baby G to finish his nap so I could cook dinner).
Needless to say, this situation is not working for me. At all. Luckily, before Baby G was born, we had started talking to a real estate agent about short selling our condo. Back then I wasn't thrilled at the possibility of short selling. I really wanted to rent it out and use it as investment. But once Baby G came my sanity won.
Luckily there is a new program that came out June 1 that allows you short sell without having had to miss any payments first. And the bank gives you some money to help you relocate. I'm still unsure what all this does to our credit. I have been told the program rules keep you from damaging it, but I have also heard it damages it a little. I am fully prepared to be a renter for a few years if need be as long as we have enough space for our family to live and grow.
And we'll be renters for at least 6 months because the cost of montly leases is insane around here. Our original plan was to find a place to rent monthly while we figure out what our credit is like and wehter or not we'll be able to buy right away or if we'll have to rent for a few years. We found that monly rents are about $1,000 more than a yearly lease. That is $1,000 more per month on top of a lease that is already about $1,500 a month.
No thanks!
The silver lining in this is that Hubby and I have no idea where we want to buy. It has to be our forever home (as in a "We need to be here until our kids go to college" kind of home). Personally, I think we rushed into buying our condo and did two things wrong: 1) Listen to my mom (buy a condo!) and 2) Listen to his mom (buy the condo down the street!).
Okay...We did a little more wrong than that. We should never have bought a one bedroom home when we knew we wanted to get married and have kids one day. We should never have listened to the loan officer who promised us we'd be able to sell our condo for a profit in 5 years.
The only thing we did right was not borrow more than we could afford. But your twentys are for learning, right?
Our condo was listed on the Fourth of July and three days later we accepted an offer. Our real estate agent and her associate said we received 14 offers and they received about 75 calls from other agents wanting to show it. Crazy!
The last month has been a whirlwind, but I cannot be more excited about moving forward!
Things I've Talked About
18 weeks
(1)
20 week scan
(1)
20 weeks
(1)
24 weeks 1 day
(1)
26 weeks 1 day
(1)
34 weeks
(1)
35 weeks 5 days
(1)
37 weeks
(1)
39 weeks 1 day
(1)
4 months
(1)
AIOs
(1)
allergies
(1)
anatomy scan
(1)
anniversary
(1)
anxiety
(5)
baby belly
(1)
Baby G
(2)
baby names
(1)
becoming a mom
(1)
bed rest
(1)
being neurotic
(1)
belly touching
(2)
birth story
(2)
birth weight
(3)
birth wishes
(2)
birthing class
(1)
blogging
(2)
blood pressure
(3)
boobs
(3)
breastfeeding
(3)
C25K
(1)
cake
(1)
Chair and a 1/2
(1)
children
(1)
cholestasis
(2)
choroid plexus cyst
(3)
Christmas
(1)
chromosome
(2)
clot diapers
(1)
clothes
(1)
D and C
(1)
day care
(1)
depression
(7)
dizziness
(1)
doctor
(4)
doppler
(3)
dry heave
(1)
emotions
(2)
epidural
(2)
family
(1)
fatigue
(1)
favorite things
(1)
fear
(1)
fears
(1)
fetal pole
(1)
first time mom
(2)
Five Question Friday
(13)
flutters
(1)
food aversions
(1)
gagging
(1)
gas
(1)
gDiapers
(1)
Glad
(1)
going public
(1)
grieving
(1)
Guilt
(2)
hair
(2)
happy pill
(3)
headaches
(1)
heart beat
(2)
hippies
(1)
IComLeavWe
(4)
inhaler
(1)
kicks
(2)
labor
(2)
life
(5)
mannequins
(1)
maternity shirt
(1)
mattress
(1)
medication
(1)
Memorable Moment Monday
(3)
miscarriage
(9)
models
(1)
mommy musings
(2)
monosomy x
(2)
morning sickness
(2)
mourning
(1)
movement
(3)
movies
(1)
NaBloPoMo
(3)
nausea
(1)
needles
(1)
New Beginnings
(1)
New Year's
(1)
NT scan
(1)
opinions
(1)
PAIL
(4)
parenting decisions
(3)
period
(1)
pictures i drew
(1)
pocket diapers
(1)
poke
(1)
pops
(1)
post
(1)
postpartum
(4)
pre-eclampsia
(1)
pre-folds
(1)
pregnancy
(8)
pregnancy brain
(1)
Pregnant Lady PSA
(1)
Ramblings
(2)
Rememberance Day
(1)
Remembrance Day
(1)
SAHM
(1)
scared
(1)
second trimester
(1)
shimmy
(1)
silly things I have done
(1)
similarities
(1)
smart knot
(1)
Snappi
(1)
sofa
(1)
spotting
(1)
stuffy nose
(1)
telling people
(3)
therapy
(1)
things to remember
(1)
third trimester
(6)
thoughts
(1)
Turner Syndrome
(1)
ultrasound
(2)
uterus
(1)
Valentine's Day
(1)
Wednesday Weigh In
(21)
working
(1)
yolk sac
(1)
We did the same thing with our house, bought a little 2 bedroom and now are out of room. We've had our house on the market for over a month now and only one person has looked at it...We are looking for a much bigger home when we sell ours for sure, sometime more permanent! Hang in there, hopefully your condo will sell quickly!
ReplyDelete