Things I've Talked About

18 weeks (1) 20 week scan (1) 20 weeks (1) 24 weeks 1 day (1) 26 weeks 1 day (1) 34 weeks (1) 35 weeks 5 days (1) 37 weeks (1) 39 weeks 1 day (1) 4 months (1) AIOs (1) allergies (1) anatomy scan (1) anniversary (1) anxiety (5) baby belly (1) Baby G (2) baby names (1) becoming a mom (1) bed rest (1) being neurotic (1) belly touching (2) birth story (2) birth weight (3) birth wishes (2) birthing class (1) blogging (2) blood pressure (3) boobs (3) breastfeeding (3) C25K (1) cake (1) Chair and a 1/2 (1) children (1) cholestasis (2) choroid plexus cyst (3) Christmas (1) chromosome (2) clot diapers (1) clothes (1) D and C (1) day care (1) depression (7) dizziness (1) doctor (4) doppler (3) dry heave (1) emotions (2) epidural (2) family (1) fatigue (1) favorite things (1) fear (1) fears (1) fetal pole (1) first time mom (2) Five Question Friday (13) flutters (1) food aversions (1) gagging (1) gas (1) gDiapers (1) Glad (1) going public (1) grieving (1) Guilt (2) hair (2) happy pill (3) headaches (1) heart beat (2) hippies (1) IComLeavWe (4) inhaler (1) kicks (2) labor (2) life (5) mannequins (1) maternity shirt (1) mattress (1) medication (1) Memorable Moment Monday (3) miscarriage (9) models (1) mommy musings (2) monosomy x (2) morning sickness (2) mourning (1) movement (3) movies (1) NaBloPoMo (3) nausea (1) needles (1) New Beginnings (1) New Year's (1) NT scan (1) opinions (1) PAIL (4) parenting decisions (3) period (1) pictures i drew (1) pocket diapers (1) poke (1) pops (1) post (1) postpartum (4) pre-eclampsia (1) pre-folds (1) pregnancy (8) pregnancy brain (1) Pregnant Lady PSA (1) Ramblings (2) Rememberance Day (1) Remembrance Day (1) SAHM (1) scared (1) second trimester (1) shimmy (1) silly things I have done (1) similarities (1) smart knot (1) Snappi (1) sofa (1) spotting (1) stuffy nose (1) telling people (3) therapy (1) things to remember (1) third trimester (6) thoughts (1) Turner Syndrome (1) ultrasound (2) uterus (1) Valentine's Day (1) Wednesday Weigh In (21) working (1) yolk sac (1)

Friday, July 20, 2012

My Top Three Favorite (Baby) Things

I've had this post forming in my head for weeks. I'm excited Baby G went down for his morning nap with little effort so I could write it.

My Top Three Favorite Baby Things (so far):

Travel Boppy: I cannot breastfeed without putting Baby G on the Boppy or My Brest Friend. I hate that I can't hold him and breastfeed. I hated feeling like I couldn't stay out very long for fear of having to try and awkwardly feed him in public.

Enter the Travel Boppy. One of my friends told me about it and it was the best $40 I spent. It folds up like a purse (even has a pocket I can stuff my nursing cover, phone, and keys in!). I still don't care to breastfeed outside my house, I usually go into another room or the car, but at least I have something to prop Baby G on when we're out and about.

Mirror: I put this on my registry rather late, but I was still upset that no one thought to get me one. I don't think Hubby was too excited when I threw it in the cart on one of our bi-weekly trips to the baby store, but it was money well spent. It's got a stuffed bumble bee with wings that crinkle and a lady bug with a sphear rattle in it's middle that spins. So not only can Baby G look at himself, he is learning to reach out, grab, and spin things as well.

I honestly believe propping the mirror in front of Baby G helped him with tummy time and learning to lift his head. Plus, it's great to prop up in front of us when I am reading to him or holding him in my lap because I can see his facial expressions. Is he making a noise because he's upset? Or is he happy? Is he staring at his toy or the TV? Now I just have to glance in the mirror to find out.

Sleep Sack: Okay. I believe these are the most ridiculous things to put on a baby boy, but they have been awesome. Again, Hubby didn't like the fact I went out and bought a couple to try out, and I pretty much had to make him use them. We were having such a hard time keeping Baby G a comfortable temperature at night since he likes to flail around. He wasn't a big fan of swaddling, I think because he was just in his diaper in the NICU. At home he'd kick his blanket off and he'd be cold. Hubby would swaddle Baby G's mid-section to give him the feeling of being swaddled, and then laid a blanket over that, giving him the ability to move his arms and legs, but then he would be burning when he woke up to nurse.

I bought these at the right time. Not long after I insisted on using them, Baby G started grabbing at his blankets and putting them up by his head, sometimes losing grip and then the blanket would be covering his face. I'm terrified of SIDS and the sleep sack prevents blankets from covering the baby's face. Now Baby G is comfortable and free to flail about.

We were just using them at night, but now that Baby G wants to grab everything in sight, I have started using them for naps too. I'm kind of hoping that this will give him the cue that it's sleepy time, but if anything it gives me peace of mind that I won't find him with his blanket over his head.

Do you have any favorite baby things?

No comments:

Post a Comment