Things I've Talked About

18 weeks (1) 20 week scan (1) 20 weeks (1) 24 weeks 1 day (1) 26 weeks 1 day (1) 34 weeks (1) 35 weeks 5 days (1) 37 weeks (1) 39 weeks 1 day (1) 4 months (1) AIOs (1) allergies (1) anatomy scan (1) anniversary (1) anxiety (5) baby belly (1) Baby G (2) baby names (1) becoming a mom (1) bed rest (1) being neurotic (1) belly touching (2) birth story (2) birth weight (3) birth wishes (2) birthing class (1) blogging (2) blood pressure (3) boobs (3) breastfeeding (3) C25K (1) cake (1) Chair and a 1/2 (1) children (1) cholestasis (2) choroid plexus cyst (3) Christmas (1) chromosome (2) clot diapers (1) clothes (1) D and C (1) day care (1) depression (7) dizziness (1) doctor (4) doppler (3) dry heave (1) emotions (2) epidural (2) family (1) fatigue (1) favorite things (1) fear (1) fears (1) fetal pole (1) first time mom (2) Five Question Friday (13) flutters (1) food aversions (1) gagging (1) gas (1) gDiapers (1) Glad (1) going public (1) grieving (1) Guilt (2) hair (2) happy pill (3) headaches (1) heart beat (2) hippies (1) IComLeavWe (4) inhaler (1) kicks (2) labor (2) life (5) mannequins (1) maternity shirt (1) mattress (1) medication (1) Memorable Moment Monday (3) miscarriage (9) models (1) mommy musings (2) monosomy x (2) morning sickness (2) mourning (1) movement (3) movies (1) NaBloPoMo (3) nausea (1) needles (1) New Beginnings (1) New Year's (1) NT scan (1) opinions (1) PAIL (4) parenting decisions (3) period (1) pictures i drew (1) pocket diapers (1) poke (1) pops (1) post (1) postpartum (4) pre-eclampsia (1) pre-folds (1) pregnancy (8) pregnancy brain (1) Pregnant Lady PSA (1) Ramblings (2) Rememberance Day (1) Remembrance Day (1) SAHM (1) scared (1) second trimester (1) shimmy (1) silly things I have done (1) similarities (1) smart knot (1) Snappi (1) sofa (1) spotting (1) stuffy nose (1) telling people (3) therapy (1) things to remember (1) third trimester (6) thoughts (1) Turner Syndrome (1) ultrasound (2) uterus (1) Valentine's Day (1) Wednesday Weigh In (21) working (1) yolk sac (1)

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Best Part of Parenting (so far)

I love Baby G's smile. It's infectious. Even when I am fighting with him to get him to nap, when his smile appears behind his pacifier, no matter how frustrated I am with him, I always find myself smiling back.

I think this means nap time has started turning into a game.

If I cry long and hard enough someone will come to me and I'll win them over with my smile and get out of nap time.

It doesn't always work. Baby G has to really cry long and/or extremely hard before Hubby and I will give in. When he plays this game, I smile back, tell him it's nap time and I love him, stick the pacifier back in his mouth and walk away. Usually, eventually he gives up and gives in to sleep.

When Baby G smiles his ears rise up, just like his dad's. I can tell when he's smiling at someone even when I'm staring at the back of his head.

Although I love getting Baby G to smile at me, I also love it when he smiles at other people, especially Hubby. I love knowing that, so far, he's generally a very happy baby.

Today's NaBloPoMo question also asked, if you don't parent, what is the best part of not having kids?

I know I'm a parent, but it's simple question to answer: the ability to do what I want, when I want.

I miss that. Some days a lot. But then all Baby G has to do is smile and I forget about it for a little while longer.


Chillin' on Daddy's Shoulder

3 comments:

  1. I can see why you love that smile so much... adorable! :) He definitely sounds like a happy little guy. Alidia can pull the same magic with her sweet little smile. It is hard to resist and always makes me smile back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The smiles and giggles are definitely some of the best parts of parenting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny - I said the *exact* same thing to my Mum yesterday. My bub's smile is like an eraser. No matter how tired or frustrated I am, or how hard a day I'm having, her smile removes all of the bad things and makes it all OK.

    Sounds cheesy - but it's true!

    x

    ReplyDelete