Things I've Talked About

18 weeks (1) 20 week scan (1) 20 weeks (1) 24 weeks 1 day (1) 26 weeks 1 day (1) 34 weeks (1) 35 weeks 5 days (1) 37 weeks (1) 39 weeks 1 day (1) 4 months (1) AIOs (1) allergies (1) anatomy scan (1) anniversary (1) anxiety (5) baby belly (1) Baby G (2) baby names (1) becoming a mom (1) bed rest (1) being neurotic (1) belly touching (2) birth story (2) birth weight (3) birth wishes (2) birthing class (1) blogging (2) blood pressure (3) boobs (3) breastfeeding (3) C25K (1) cake (1) Chair and a 1/2 (1) children (1) cholestasis (2) choroid plexus cyst (3) Christmas (1) chromosome (2) clot diapers (1) clothes (1) D and C (1) day care (1) depression (7) dizziness (1) doctor (4) doppler (3) dry heave (1) emotions (2) epidural (2) family (1) fatigue (1) favorite things (1) fear (1) fears (1) fetal pole (1) first time mom (2) Five Question Friday (13) flutters (1) food aversions (1) gagging (1) gas (1) gDiapers (1) Glad (1) going public (1) grieving (1) Guilt (2) hair (2) happy pill (3) headaches (1) heart beat (2) hippies (1) IComLeavWe (4) inhaler (1) kicks (2) labor (2) life (5) mannequins (1) maternity shirt (1) mattress (1) medication (1) Memorable Moment Monday (3) miscarriage (9) models (1) mommy musings (2) monosomy x (2) morning sickness (2) mourning (1) movement (3) movies (1) NaBloPoMo (3) nausea (1) needles (1) New Beginnings (1) New Year's (1) NT scan (1) opinions (1) PAIL (4) parenting decisions (3) period (1) pictures i drew (1) pocket diapers (1) poke (1) pops (1) post (1) postpartum (4) pre-eclampsia (1) pre-folds (1) pregnancy (8) pregnancy brain (1) Pregnant Lady PSA (1) Ramblings (2) Rememberance Day (1) Remembrance Day (1) SAHM (1) scared (1) second trimester (1) shimmy (1) silly things I have done (1) similarities (1) smart knot (1) Snappi (1) sofa (1) spotting (1) stuffy nose (1) telling people (3) therapy (1) things to remember (1) third trimester (6) thoughts (1) Turner Syndrome (1) ultrasound (2) uterus (1) Valentine's Day (1) Wednesday Weigh In (21) working (1) yolk sac (1)

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Weekly Wednesday Weigh-In: 5 Weeks Postpartum

I'm liking the accountability the Weekly Weigh-In has given me. I can't tell you how many times I wanted to stay inside and lay on the couch instead of going for a walk.



1. Reiterate my goal and where I stand in reference to this goal. (BMI info from this website)

Starting weight: 149 (Down from 168 the day before I gave birth to Baby G.)
Goal Weight: 125
Last Week's Weight: 150
Current Weight: still 150. Not pleased, but I'm happy I didn't gain any.

Starting BMI: 27.2
Goal BMI: 22.9
Last Week's BMI: 27.4
Current BMI: 27.4

2. Discuss what I am going to do to achieve my goals.

Progress on last week's activities:
* I did 4 walks this week! One more than my goal. The weather has been rainy and it's supposed to get a lot warmer this week, so I'm going to have to get my butt in gear to walk in the mornings so Baby G isn't too uncomfortable.

* We didn't do the 3 home cooked meals. I'm sad to say I think we only did one. I've been exhausted and Hubby has been sick, so it's been easier to get carry out. A few of my friends are going to be dropping off home-cooked meals this week though! I'm super excited about it.

* I've still been eating a lot of baby carrots and nuts as snacks.

* I've been better about drinking, but I'm coming closer to 32oz of water instead of 64.

Activities for this coming week:
I'm going to keep the same goals as last week. They'll probably stay that way for another couple of weeks until I get the all clear from the doctor to begin exercising again.

1. Twenty minute walk 3 times this week.
2. Eat a home cooked meal 3 times this week.
3. Snack on veggies and fruit instead of cookies and brownies.
4. Drink at least 64oz of water each day. I'm going to add drink at least 8oz of water during or after each breasfeeding/pumping session since I was told to do so at Baby G's one month check up.

4. Post a (reasonably healthy) recipe that I've tried, a cooking tip, a new idea for working out for people to try, a photo update of my weight loss, or anything else I feel like sharing.


Last week I said I'd post pictures of myself. Well, we got pictures of Baby G taken over the weekend and the photographer took a couple of family ones. I really have no desire to post any current pictures of myself now!

I did go grocery shopping this morning to pick up some items to make a few crock pot meals. If they're good I'll share!

3 comments:

  1. Remember, weight loss is a journey, there will be highs and lows! It's really hard to find good, quick meals for your family. I have a few crockpot meals we LOVE that are fairly healthy. If you want the recipes let me know! Oh, Weight Watcher's Turkey chili is really yummy, and it's great in the crock pot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I like how you put that :) I just looked up the chili recipie -- I'm definitely going to try that one out. It sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember, if you're dehydrated (which you probably are if you're only drinking 32oz and breastfeeding), then a lot of your "hunger" cues are actually thirst cues. Make the water a priority!

    Glad that WWW is making you feel accountable - that's why it works for me as well! :)

    ReplyDelete