I could never get into soap operas. I always felt like I could do a better acting job than what I saw during those shows and that turned me off to them. I guess now the concept of soap operas is being replaced with cooking shows and reality TV.
I have memories of my mom, who was a stay at home mom, cross stitching and watching a couple of soaps while at least one of us kids was taking a nap or playing quietly amongst ourselves. It was her down time.
I realized a few weeks ago that I was kind of turning into my mother.
I watched a lot of Grey's Anatomy lately. I wouldn't call it a soap opera, but it's drama. I used to watch religiously, but haven't in a long time. Since beening on maternity leave I've discovered it's on three hours straight during the week. This is what I did when Baby G naps in the afternoon (if he did at all). Grey's Anatomy and blog catch up. That is how I spent my down time.
There were a lot of episodes dealing with babies. Those have always gotten to me. And they get to me even more since my miscarriage.
And there was a theme during the last couple of episodes I watched: dying alone.
"No one should have to die alone."
When those words were uttered during one episode they struck a chord in me. I thought of the baby girl I lost last year. I don't know why, as those words were meant for people roaming the Earth, but I did. And I realized something I hadn't thought about before.
My baby didn't die alone.
She died while she was still inside me, literally a part of me. The whole time she was inside of me I was taking care of her. Even during those few weeks I didn't know she had passed away.
No, she didn't die alone. I was with her the whole time.
Things I've Talked About
18 weeks
(1)
20 week scan
(1)
20 weeks
(1)
24 weeks 1 day
(1)
26 weeks 1 day
(1)
34 weeks
(1)
35 weeks 5 days
(1)
37 weeks
(1)
39 weeks 1 day
(1)
4 months
(1)
AIOs
(1)
allergies
(1)
anatomy scan
(1)
anniversary
(1)
anxiety
(5)
baby belly
(1)
Baby G
(2)
baby names
(1)
becoming a mom
(1)
bed rest
(1)
being neurotic
(1)
belly touching
(2)
birth story
(2)
birth weight
(3)
birth wishes
(2)
birthing class
(1)
blogging
(2)
blood pressure
(3)
boobs
(3)
breastfeeding
(3)
C25K
(1)
cake
(1)
Chair and a 1/2
(1)
children
(1)
cholestasis
(2)
choroid plexus cyst
(3)
Christmas
(1)
chromosome
(2)
clot diapers
(1)
clothes
(1)
D and C
(1)
day care
(1)
depression
(7)
dizziness
(1)
doctor
(4)
doppler
(3)
dry heave
(1)
emotions
(2)
epidural
(2)
family
(1)
fatigue
(1)
favorite things
(1)
fear
(1)
fears
(1)
fetal pole
(1)
first time mom
(2)
Five Question Friday
(13)
flutters
(1)
food aversions
(1)
gagging
(1)
gas
(1)
gDiapers
(1)
Glad
(1)
going public
(1)
grieving
(1)
Guilt
(2)
hair
(2)
happy pill
(3)
headaches
(1)
heart beat
(2)
hippies
(1)
IComLeavWe
(4)
inhaler
(1)
kicks
(2)
labor
(2)
life
(5)
mannequins
(1)
maternity shirt
(1)
mattress
(1)
medication
(1)
Memorable Moment Monday
(3)
miscarriage
(9)
models
(1)
mommy musings
(2)
monosomy x
(2)
morning sickness
(2)
mourning
(1)
movement
(3)
movies
(1)
NaBloPoMo
(3)
nausea
(1)
needles
(1)
New Beginnings
(1)
New Year's
(1)
NT scan
(1)
opinions
(1)
PAIL
(4)
parenting decisions
(3)
period
(1)
pictures i drew
(1)
pocket diapers
(1)
poke
(1)
pops
(1)
post
(1)
postpartum
(4)
pre-eclampsia
(1)
pre-folds
(1)
pregnancy
(8)
pregnancy brain
(1)
Pregnant Lady PSA
(1)
Ramblings
(2)
Rememberance Day
(1)
Remembrance Day
(1)
SAHM
(1)
scared
(1)
second trimester
(1)
shimmy
(1)
silly things I have done
(1)
similarities
(1)
smart knot
(1)
Snappi
(1)
sofa
(1)
spotting
(1)
stuffy nose
(1)
telling people
(3)
therapy
(1)
things to remember
(1)
third trimester
(6)
thoughts
(1)
Turner Syndrome
(1)
ultrasound
(2)
uterus
(1)
Valentine's Day
(1)
Wednesday Weigh In
(21)
working
(1)
yolk sac
(1)
What a beautiful way to look at such a tragic event.
ReplyDelete:( sorry to hear of your loss... Im also a Grey's fan and I agree the baby episodes always have me choked up!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry for your loss. I found you from the 5 Question Friday blog hop and stumbled upon this post. I, too, had a miscarriage, almost 2 years ago and it's amazing to me how there are still days where it hurts so much it takes your breath away. This is a beautiful thought.
ReplyDeleteI'm at kristakat.blogspot.com if you'd like to visit and share experiences.