Things I've Talked About

18 weeks (1) 20 week scan (1) 20 weeks (1) 24 weeks 1 day (1) 26 weeks 1 day (1) 34 weeks (1) 35 weeks 5 days (1) 37 weeks (1) 39 weeks 1 day (1) 4 months (1) AIOs (1) allergies (1) anatomy scan (1) anniversary (1) anxiety (5) baby belly (1) Baby G (2) baby names (1) becoming a mom (1) bed rest (1) being neurotic (1) belly touching (2) birth story (2) birth weight (3) birth wishes (2) birthing class (1) blogging (2) blood pressure (3) boobs (3) breastfeeding (3) C25K (1) cake (1) Chair and a 1/2 (1) children (1) cholestasis (2) choroid plexus cyst (3) Christmas (1) chromosome (2) clot diapers (1) clothes (1) D and C (1) day care (1) depression (7) dizziness (1) doctor (4) doppler (3) dry heave (1) emotions (2) epidural (2) family (1) fatigue (1) favorite things (1) fear (1) fears (1) fetal pole (1) first time mom (2) Five Question Friday (13) flutters (1) food aversions (1) gagging (1) gas (1) gDiapers (1) Glad (1) going public (1) grieving (1) Guilt (2) hair (2) happy pill (3) headaches (1) heart beat (2) hippies (1) IComLeavWe (4) inhaler (1) kicks (2) labor (2) life (5) mannequins (1) maternity shirt (1) mattress (1) medication (1) Memorable Moment Monday (3) miscarriage (9) models (1) mommy musings (2) monosomy x (2) morning sickness (2) mourning (1) movement (3) movies (1) NaBloPoMo (3) nausea (1) needles (1) New Beginnings (1) New Year's (1) NT scan (1) opinions (1) PAIL (4) parenting decisions (3) period (1) pictures i drew (1) pocket diapers (1) poke (1) pops (1) post (1) postpartum (4) pre-eclampsia (1) pre-folds (1) pregnancy (8) pregnancy brain (1) Pregnant Lady PSA (1) Ramblings (2) Rememberance Day (1) Remembrance Day (1) SAHM (1) scared (1) second trimester (1) shimmy (1) silly things I have done (1) similarities (1) smart knot (1) Snappi (1) sofa (1) spotting (1) stuffy nose (1) telling people (3) therapy (1) things to remember (1) third trimester (6) thoughts (1) Turner Syndrome (1) ultrasound (2) uterus (1) Valentine's Day (1) Wednesday Weigh In (21) working (1) yolk sac (1)

Monday, June 4, 2012

Couch Potato to Hot Potato

I downloaded the Couch to 5k app the other day. I did the same thing last year, thinking I could try and get into better shape while waiting to be able to try to conceive again. It took longer than I had anticipated to heal from my D&C and next thing I knew I was pregnant. So the app was left untouched my old phone.

This time I want it to be different. It is on my bucket list to run a marathon. So many people on Face.book post pictures and statuses of the ones they sign up for and run. It makes me jealous. Plus, I have seen what the running does for them. A lot of them have slimmed down and toned up. I don't need to be super skinny, but I would love to have the definition back in my arms and thighs!

This time I do plan on giving it a try. My body seems to be healing much better after giving birth to a full term baby than it did after a first trimester D&C. I don't know if giving birth is just easier on your body than having your uterus scraped clean, or if I healed faster because I was moving around the day after giving birth (walking to and from the NICU was the only way I was going to see Baby G while we were both recovering. Which reminds me, I really have to find time to finish his birth story and get it posted...). And I can't even think about doing the "deed" while my boobs are leaky and, well, a food source not a play source. Nothing says mood killer like milk spraying out of your boobs (for me anyway!). So getting pregnant isn't in my near future.

I'm hoping that putting C25K on my list of goals for my Wednesday Weigh-In to keep me motivated. My biggest challenge is finding the time to do this during the week. I'm working nine hour days this summer to get every other Friday off through the end of August. By the time I get home, I only have a few hours with Baby G before he goes to bed for the night and part of that is spent waiting for Hubby to clean himself up after work, getting ready for the next day, and eating dinner. I know C25K is only about a 30 minute commitment three times a week, so hopefully I'll find the time to do it once during the week and the other two times on the weekend.

In the meantime, I need to put together a play list to keep me motivated during my work out and am in the market for new songs to add to my play list. What songs do you enjoy working out to?

1 comment: