Things I've Talked About

18 weeks (1) 20 week scan (1) 20 weeks (1) 24 weeks 1 day (1) 26 weeks 1 day (1) 34 weeks (1) 35 weeks 5 days (1) 37 weeks (1) 39 weeks 1 day (1) 4 months (1) AIOs (1) allergies (1) anatomy scan (1) anniversary (1) anxiety (5) baby belly (1) Baby G (2) baby names (1) becoming a mom (1) bed rest (1) being neurotic (1) belly touching (2) birth story (2) birth weight (3) birth wishes (2) birthing class (1) blogging (2) blood pressure (3) boobs (3) breastfeeding (3) C25K (1) cake (1) Chair and a 1/2 (1) children (1) cholestasis (2) choroid plexus cyst (3) Christmas (1) chromosome (2) clot diapers (1) clothes (1) D and C (1) day care (1) depression (7) dizziness (1) doctor (4) doppler (3) dry heave (1) emotions (2) epidural (2) family (1) fatigue (1) favorite things (1) fear (1) fears (1) fetal pole (1) first time mom (2) Five Question Friday (13) flutters (1) food aversions (1) gagging (1) gas (1) gDiapers (1) Glad (1) going public (1) grieving (1) Guilt (2) hair (2) happy pill (3) headaches (1) heart beat (2) hippies (1) IComLeavWe (4) inhaler (1) kicks (2) labor (2) life (5) mannequins (1) maternity shirt (1) mattress (1) medication (1) Memorable Moment Monday (3) miscarriage (9) models (1) mommy musings (2) monosomy x (2) morning sickness (2) mourning (1) movement (3) movies (1) NaBloPoMo (3) nausea (1) needles (1) New Beginnings (1) New Year's (1) NT scan (1) opinions (1) PAIL (4) parenting decisions (3) period (1) pictures i drew (1) pocket diapers (1) poke (1) pops (1) post (1) postpartum (4) pre-eclampsia (1) pre-folds (1) pregnancy (8) pregnancy brain (1) Pregnant Lady PSA (1) Ramblings (2) Rememberance Day (1) Remembrance Day (1) SAHM (1) scared (1) second trimester (1) shimmy (1) silly things I have done (1) similarities (1) smart knot (1) Snappi (1) sofa (1) spotting (1) stuffy nose (1) telling people (3) therapy (1) things to remember (1) third trimester (6) thoughts (1) Turner Syndrome (1) ultrasound (2) uterus (1) Valentine's Day (1) Wednesday Weigh In (21) working (1) yolk sac (1)

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Baby G: 11 Weeks

Dear Baby G,

You are 11 weeks old today! Time is flying by and I'm starting to regret not really being able to relish in the moments when you were teeny tiny. But I am so excited to see you starting to explore this big, wide world you're a part of.

I'm back and work now and it breaks my heart to drop you off at Grannie and Grandpa's during the week. I know you're in excellent hands while you are there, but I'd much rather be at home playing with you instead! It's especially hard leaving when you're awake. You like to smile and laugh with me and when I have to leave you watch me go with a confused look on your face. And it seems to take a while for you to warm up to me when I get home in the evening. I'm sure we'll both get more accustomed to it as time goes on, but just know that I hate not being able to stay home with you.

You're more curious about your surroundings now. Photographs, DVDs, and the fish Daddy bought a couple weeks ago hold your interest now. You enjoy watching TV, something I'm not so sure I like you doing yet, and last night you were really into a show about cheerleaders. Daddy said you started fussing when they broke to commercials. I've been trying to turn the channel to more age-appropriate shows when Daddy isn't around (he can't tolerate them as well as me yet). The bright colored, furry monsters of Ses.ame Str.eet held your interest last week.

On Friday I gave you tummy time and I left you for a few minutes so I could switch out the laundry. When I came back you had scooted yourself in a different direction. In about ten minutes you went from facing one end of the room to the other -- all by scooting yourself around in a semi-circle. Last night you crawled forward, but you didn't lift your head. And you're soo close to rolling over, I can feel it! You almost had it last weekend and I think with enough tummy time you may be able to do it in the next week. I'm telling people you're mobile now. Daddy and I are already thinking about what we have to do to childproof our home!

Grannie thinks you're teething. You're drooling like crazy and your little fists are constantly in your mouth. It's hard to think about an 11 week old teething, but she tells me it takes a few months before the teeth actually break through.

You're grabbing and holding onto objects, but I don't think you realize what you're doing. It is cute to see you hold your blanket or a toy while you're napping though.

You like to stand and people are very amazed at how well you're baring your weight on your legs.

Over the weekend you had your first visit to the lake where your Granma and Grandad live. You like riding in the car and sleep for most of the 1.5 hour trip there and back. Luckily it was nice and cool under the shade of a large tree so we were able to spend a few hours outside. I think your Grandad enjoyed you a little more than last visit since you were all smiles and would laugh at his goofiness. Granma doesn't like sharing you when she gets to see you.

You still enjoy the bath and I can't wait until we can start sitting you in the big bathtub with some toys. You don't like getting out of the tub and drying off because you're cold. But you settle down once we put you in your PJs and sleep sack.

Nighttime is really the only time of day we have a routine for you. We usually go by your lead during the day. So far that seems to be working out. I just wish you wouldn't fight naps.

You've been fighting your first cold. I had to take you to the doctor last week for it and since you were due for your two month check up they went ahead and did that as well. You were a trooper at the doctor's office despite the fact you needed a nap.

Stats from that visit:

You weigh 14lbs (up two pounds from last visit)
You are 24 inches long (grew two inches from last visit)
Your head is 16 inches around (grew an inch from last visit)
You have a flat spot on your head, but the doctor seems confident that with enough tummy and sitting up time, it will correct itself.

You're already wearing a lot of 3-6 month clothes. And a couple of 6 month clothes too. Part of the reason for needing a bigger size are the cloth diapers I'm insisting you wear during the day. But you're also just so big! I had to go through all of your clothes the other day and boxed a bunch of them up. It was strange to box up your newborn stuff -- everything was so small.

I love you, Baby G!

~Mommy

2 comments:

  1. Look at how quickly Baby G is growing! So glad you have your grandparents to look after your little one, imagine how much harder it would be to leave if it was a complete stranger?! I think it's so sad when you have to start boxing up clothes, they grow up too fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm super grateful that my parents can look after him! I still wish it was me, but I'm really happy they are getting to spend time with their grandson :)

      Delete