It is still so surreal to me. I have a tiny human to take care of, who depends on me.
I'll be honest. I've wondered several times this week, What did I do? What have I gotten myself into?
But then I look at G and know just what I did. And I couldn't imagine not having him around.
Lack of sleep is what I feared the most. And it is usually what makes me cry in the middle of the night right along side G when he fussy and Hubby and I have no idea how to cosole him. Or when he decides 3am is a perfectly acceptable time to be bright eyed and bushy tailed and I just want to be asleep. I am still trying to catch up on the sleep I lost before going into labor and I'm fairly sure it's what makes me go, What did we do? Was I really ready for this?
But then I look at G. I see him surveying his surroundings with a curious look. Or watch him make a variety of faces while he sleeps after a feeding. And I realize I got what I've wanted all my life.
Overall G has been a good baby so far. And he is mine to cuddle with and to watch grow and learn.
Wow.

Ahh, he's gorgeous! Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteThank you!! :)
Delete