I've completed my first full week for the weekly weigh-in. I don't think I did as well as I had intended, but this did give me some motivation, which is good! Since I'm big on excuses, I'll place blame on cold, rainy weather and Baby G not wanting to take naps or be put down anywhere. When he is in my arms, he doesn't stay still. And he likes to scream and cry. I really think my boobs are a huge distraction for him and he just wants to suck on them whenever he's in my arms. Or maybe they're just so huge now that I'm just not a comfortable person to lay on. He's much more content to sleep on other people than me. I'm thinking I'm going to have to break out the Ergo Baby soon just so I can give my arms and back a break.
1. Reiterate my goal and where I stand in reference to this goal. (BMI info from this website)
Starting weight: 149 (Down from 168 the day before I gave birth to Baby G.)
Goal Weight: 125
Last Week's Weight: 149
Current Weight: 150 (Boo! Hiss!)
Starting BMI: 27.2
Goal BMI: 22.9
Last Week's BMI: 27.2
Current BMI: 27.4
2. Discuss what I am going to do to achieve my goals.
Progress on last week's activities:
* I did do three 20 minute walks this week. I didn't think I was going to because of all the rain the forecasters were calling for, but as it turns out they weren't 100% correct (when are they ever?).
* We didn't do the 3 home cooked meals -- just 2. Things were just too hectic with Baby G and delivery was a much better option most nights.
* I ate a lot of baby carrots and nuts as they were the easiest things to grab and snack on while I nursed.
* I think I was good about the 64oz of water per day at the first half of the week. I started slacking later on.
Activities for this coming week:
I'm going to keep the same goals as last week. They'll probably stay that way for another couple of weeks until I get the all clear from the doctor to begin exercising again.
1. Twenty minute walk 3 times this week.
2. Eat a home cooked meal 3 times this week.
3. Snack on veggies and fruit instead of cookies and brownies.
4. Drink at least 64oz of water each day.
4. Post a (reasonably healthy) recipe that I've tried, a cooking tip, a new idea for working out for people to try, a photo update of my weight loss, or anything else I feel like sharing.
Hmm, I really don't think I have anything to share this week. I'll try and post some photos next week though.
Things I've Talked About
18 weeks
(1)
20 week scan
(1)
20 weeks
(1)
24 weeks 1 day
(1)
26 weeks 1 day
(1)
34 weeks
(1)
35 weeks 5 days
(1)
37 weeks
(1)
39 weeks 1 day
(1)
4 months
(1)
AIOs
(1)
allergies
(1)
anatomy scan
(1)
anniversary
(1)
anxiety
(5)
baby belly
(1)
Baby G
(2)
baby names
(1)
becoming a mom
(1)
bed rest
(1)
being neurotic
(1)
belly touching
(2)
birth story
(2)
birth weight
(3)
birth wishes
(2)
birthing class
(1)
blogging
(2)
blood pressure
(3)
boobs
(3)
breastfeeding
(3)
C25K
(1)
cake
(1)
Chair and a 1/2
(1)
children
(1)
cholestasis
(2)
choroid plexus cyst
(3)
Christmas
(1)
chromosome
(2)
clot diapers
(1)
clothes
(1)
D and C
(1)
day care
(1)
depression
(7)
dizziness
(1)
doctor
(4)
doppler
(3)
dry heave
(1)
emotions
(2)
epidural
(2)
family
(1)
fatigue
(1)
favorite things
(1)
fear
(1)
fears
(1)
fetal pole
(1)
first time mom
(2)
Five Question Friday
(13)
flutters
(1)
food aversions
(1)
gagging
(1)
gas
(1)
gDiapers
(1)
Glad
(1)
going public
(1)
grieving
(1)
Guilt
(2)
hair
(2)
happy pill
(3)
headaches
(1)
heart beat
(2)
hippies
(1)
IComLeavWe
(4)
inhaler
(1)
kicks
(2)
labor
(2)
life
(5)
mannequins
(1)
maternity shirt
(1)
mattress
(1)
medication
(1)
Memorable Moment Monday
(3)
miscarriage
(9)
models
(1)
mommy musings
(2)
monosomy x
(2)
morning sickness
(2)
mourning
(1)
movement
(3)
movies
(1)
NaBloPoMo
(3)
nausea
(1)
needles
(1)
New Beginnings
(1)
New Year's
(1)
NT scan
(1)
opinions
(1)
PAIL
(4)
parenting decisions
(3)
period
(1)
pictures i drew
(1)
pocket diapers
(1)
poke
(1)
pops
(1)
post
(1)
postpartum
(4)
pre-eclampsia
(1)
pre-folds
(1)
pregnancy
(8)
pregnancy brain
(1)
Pregnant Lady PSA
(1)
Ramblings
(2)
Rememberance Day
(1)
Remembrance Day
(1)
SAHM
(1)
scared
(1)
second trimester
(1)
shimmy
(1)
silly things I have done
(1)
similarities
(1)
smart knot
(1)
Snappi
(1)
sofa
(1)
spotting
(1)
stuffy nose
(1)
telling people
(3)
therapy
(1)
things to remember
(1)
third trimester
(6)
thoughts
(1)
Turner Syndrome
(1)
ultrasound
(2)
uterus
(1)
Valentine's Day
(1)
Wednesday Weigh In
(21)
working
(1)
yolk sac
(1)
Wednesday, April 25, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Getting out and about for walks with a 4 week old is a great accomplishment! Give your body time - it's still readjusting to its new normal.
ReplyDeleteAlso -takeout meals tend to be higher in sodium than anything you'd cook at home, which can make you retain water and bloat a little more than normal. Maybe make it a priority to prep an easy meal in the morning? Or maybe you can have Baby G in the ergo as you prep? That's what I do with Stella.
Don't beat yourself up too much. You have a living creature depending on you night and day. Do what you have to in order to survive. The weight will come off in time.
ReplyDelete