Things I've Talked About

18 weeks (1) 20 week scan (1) 20 weeks (1) 24 weeks 1 day (1) 26 weeks 1 day (1) 34 weeks (1) 35 weeks 5 days (1) 37 weeks (1) 39 weeks 1 day (1) 4 months (1) AIOs (1) allergies (1) anatomy scan (1) anniversary (1) anxiety (5) baby belly (1) Baby G (2) baby names (1) becoming a mom (1) bed rest (1) being neurotic (1) belly touching (2) birth story (2) birth weight (3) birth wishes (2) birthing class (1) blogging (2) blood pressure (3) boobs (3) breastfeeding (3) C25K (1) cake (1) Chair and a 1/2 (1) children (1) cholestasis (2) choroid plexus cyst (3) Christmas (1) chromosome (2) clot diapers (1) clothes (1) D and C (1) day care (1) depression (7) dizziness (1) doctor (4) doppler (3) dry heave (1) emotions (2) epidural (2) family (1) fatigue (1) favorite things (1) fear (1) fears (1) fetal pole (1) first time mom (2) Five Question Friday (13) flutters (1) food aversions (1) gagging (1) gas (1) gDiapers (1) Glad (1) going public (1) grieving (1) Guilt (2) hair (2) happy pill (3) headaches (1) heart beat (2) hippies (1) IComLeavWe (4) inhaler (1) kicks (2) labor (2) life (5) mannequins (1) maternity shirt (1) mattress (1) medication (1) Memorable Moment Monday (3) miscarriage (9) models (1) mommy musings (2) monosomy x (2) morning sickness (2) mourning (1) movement (3) movies (1) NaBloPoMo (3) nausea (1) needles (1) New Beginnings (1) New Year's (1) NT scan (1) opinions (1) PAIL (4) parenting decisions (3) period (1) pictures i drew (1) pocket diapers (1) poke (1) pops (1) post (1) postpartum (4) pre-eclampsia (1) pre-folds (1) pregnancy (8) pregnancy brain (1) Pregnant Lady PSA (1) Ramblings (2) Rememberance Day (1) Remembrance Day (1) SAHM (1) scared (1) second trimester (1) shimmy (1) silly things I have done (1) similarities (1) smart knot (1) Snappi (1) sofa (1) spotting (1) stuffy nose (1) telling people (3) therapy (1) things to remember (1) third trimester (6) thoughts (1) Turner Syndrome (1) ultrasound (2) uterus (1) Valentine's Day (1) Wednesday Weigh In (21) working (1) yolk sac (1)

Friday, March 23, 2012

Five Question Friday - 3/23/12

I don't have an excuse not to do these fun surveys I love doing do much now. Here's today's 5 Question Friday:

1. If you were free to just hop in the car and drive, where would you go? Or, if you could hop a plane and go anywhere, where?
It's so hard to choose just one place. There are two places I really long to go to right now. It would be a long drive, but by car I'll choose Key West. Hubby and I were there for half a day on our honeymoon cruise and it's where I'd like to renew our vows when we hit our 10 year anniversary. By plane I'm going with England. I have this really big urge to visit the family I have there. I wish plane tickets weren't so expensive! If we weren't having Little Guy I'd be asking Hubby if we could use our tax return to fly out there this year.

2. What's your most recently read favorite book?
Recently read? I don't think I've recently read a book that I really liked. That's a bummer. I read a Bradley Method book last month and found it to be interesting, but I wouldn't run out and tell people to read it. I'm waiting my turn to borrower The Hunger Games from the library. Everyone I know who has read the book has loved it, so I thought I'd hop on the bandwagon.

3. What's your favorite Spring Break memory?
I don't know if I have one. We never went anywhere for Spring Break. I think I just liked not having to go to school. How sad?!

4. What do you put in your child's Easter basket? Or, for those w/o kids, what was put in your childhood basket?
If Little Guy is born before Easter I so want to make him an Easter basket. I don't know what you'd put in a newborn's Easter basket, but I would love to make him one just the same. My family didn't really do the Easter basket thing. We'd have an Easter Egg Hunt around the house or in the back yard and my parents...Errr, the Easter Bunny...would often leave us some kind of chocolate at our places at the dinner table. If we got Easter baskets, they were from relatives and were of the store bought variety.
 
5. Do you get a summer haircut?
No. I always tell myself to go every eight weeks, but I always go a lot longer than that between hair cuts. I usually go in when I notice split ends.
 
 
Those are my answers. What are yours? Feel free to click on the button to the right and participate yourself!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like the baby is almost here! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For a newborn you can't go wrong putting "Pat the Bunny" or some other bunny books in there. Like "Good Night Moon" or "Runaway Bunny" ...I'm sure there are duck books too. Something that will be age appropriate in a few months!! I started reading to my little one within a month or two because we're just a book reading family. Now he loves loves loves books at 2. Hope it continues!

    Another cute thing - get a ceramic piggy bank to start putting spare change in and to keep on the baby dresser. Etc.

    Hunger Games is TOTALLY worth it! I just started the 2nd book. The first is engrossing. The 2nd is starting a little slower but I expected it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Easter basket for a newborn? An outfit, a rattle and Mom and Dad's favorite candy! ;) My grandfather, who wanted his first grandchild to be a boy, or so he thought, bought my a hugs heart filled with candies for my first Valentines Day because I was his Valentine. Of course at 6-1/2 months old, I couldn't eat the chocolate. My Mom kept that heart for many years. Why she didn't eat the chocolate, I don't know. But for baby's first Easter basket, go with a few practical and fun for baby things and candy for you!

    I'm with you on the haircut. I mean to get it cut much more often than I get it cut!

    ReplyDelete