Things I've Talked About

18 weeks (1) 20 week scan (1) 20 weeks (1) 24 weeks 1 day (1) 26 weeks 1 day (1) 34 weeks (1) 35 weeks 5 days (1) 37 weeks (1) 39 weeks 1 day (1) 4 months (1) AIOs (1) allergies (1) anatomy scan (1) anniversary (1) anxiety (5) baby belly (1) Baby G (2) baby names (1) becoming a mom (1) bed rest (1) being neurotic (1) belly touching (2) birth story (2) birth weight (3) birth wishes (2) birthing class (1) blogging (2) blood pressure (3) boobs (3) breastfeeding (3) C25K (1) cake (1) Chair and a 1/2 (1) children (1) cholestasis (2) choroid plexus cyst (3) Christmas (1) chromosome (2) clot diapers (1) clothes (1) D and C (1) day care (1) depression (7) dizziness (1) doctor (4) doppler (3) dry heave (1) emotions (2) epidural (2) family (1) fatigue (1) favorite things (1) fear (1) fears (1) fetal pole (1) first time mom (2) Five Question Friday (13) flutters (1) food aversions (1) gagging (1) gas (1) gDiapers (1) Glad (1) going public (1) grieving (1) Guilt (2) hair (2) happy pill (3) headaches (1) heart beat (2) hippies (1) IComLeavWe (4) inhaler (1) kicks (2) labor (2) life (5) mannequins (1) maternity shirt (1) mattress (1) medication (1) Memorable Moment Monday (3) miscarriage (9) models (1) mommy musings (2) monosomy x (2) morning sickness (2) mourning (1) movement (3) movies (1) NaBloPoMo (3) nausea (1) needles (1) New Beginnings (1) New Year's (1) NT scan (1) opinions (1) PAIL (4) parenting decisions (3) period (1) pictures i drew (1) pocket diapers (1) poke (1) pops (1) post (1) postpartum (4) pre-eclampsia (1) pre-folds (1) pregnancy (8) pregnancy brain (1) Pregnant Lady PSA (1) Ramblings (2) Rememberance Day (1) Remembrance Day (1) SAHM (1) scared (1) second trimester (1) shimmy (1) silly things I have done (1) similarities (1) smart knot (1) Snappi (1) sofa (1) spotting (1) stuffy nose (1) telling people (3) therapy (1) things to remember (1) third trimester (6) thoughts (1) Turner Syndrome (1) ultrasound (2) uterus (1) Valentine's Day (1) Wednesday Weigh In (21) working (1) yolk sac (1)

Monday, March 21, 2011

You can call me Pollyanna

Thoughts of what I could do since I wasn't pregnant anymore ran through my head as soon as we left the doctor's office at my 12 week appointment. Isn't that awful? A person shouldn't do such a thing after being told they lost a baby 40 minutes earlier. I guess it was part of me being in shock.

This was the start of my own version of "The Glad Game." You know, the game Pollyanna plays after she received crutches instead of a doll in the missionary barrels. She seemed to be able to make lemonade from lemons, I guess I should try too.

Now I feel like my life has been one big game of Glad.

Here are some of the things I've been glad I can do or go back to doing:
  • Glad I can start going back to my pole dancing classes (once my dear AF starts).
  • Glad I could drink a green beer on St. Patrick's day.
  • Glad I can drink at our friend's wedding later this week - get drunk even, seeing as how the wedding will be at the hotel we're staying in.
  • Glad I can go back to taking Aleve seeing as how the Tylenol, which was the only pain reliever I was allowed to take, doesn't work for me.
  • Glad I could sign up for a Pin-Up Girl photo shoot at the studio I work at that is being held next month. I mean, who's ever seen a pregnant pin-up girl before?
  • Glad I can go on vacation this summer and not worry about being in my third trimester.
  • Glad I can chill by the pool this summer.
  • Glad I can eat chicken, deli meat, spaghetti sauce, and dessert without feeling like I'm going to hurl.
I'm pretty sure there's more things I've mentally added to this list during the last few weeks. I figure it helps me realize that I have something to look forward to. I'm super excited about the pin-up photo shoot. I'll get my hair and make up done, and I love getting dolled up and having my pictures taken. I missed the boat when the last session we held and when I found out there would be another session in April or May I was bummed - I knew I'd look pregnant and I didn't want to do the shoot pregnant. I guess I don't need to worry about that now.

It helps. But it's no substitute for what I'd really rather be glad about.

No comments:

Post a Comment