Welcome back. Those are words you don't usually hear a gal say about her period.
I started my period yesterday afternoon. It hasn't come with full vengeance as I thought it would. I've mostly been gassy, not crampy. And I only notice the blood on the toilet paper after I wipe, not so much on the panty liner I've been wearing. Tomorrow might be a different story but I won't care if it is. My body's timing isn't completely out of whack, which is nice to know.
My period started yesterday afternoon at 29 days, not 30-40. I can start exercising without worrying that I'm doing more harm than good to my body. I will (or should) get two periods before May, when Jake and I would like to start trying to conceive again, which is supposed to be a good thing. I'm a happy camper for the moment.
The only thing we need now are the results of the chromosome test. When I've asked how long it takes for those to come in, the only answer anyone can give me is, "Oh, it can take a while." What is "a while"? One month? Six weeks? Two months? Six months?
Oh, I hope it's not six months. I'd really like to start trying in May. I'll wait if we don't have the results -- I don't want to go through this again if it's preventable -- but I'd rather not.
Jake tried looking for a more precise answer on the internet yesterday. I have some gripes about the vagueness of miscarriages and what to expect and this is one of them. Whenever Jake and I have tried to find some answers ourselves, we find nothing but blogs and message boards. While that's great for getting a general idea of what everyone else has experienced, they're not the more reliable sources we want to be reading. Anyway, it sounded like it takes about 4-8 weeks for the chromosome test results, although it took one woman about 5 months to get her results back. Stressful.
Things I've Talked About
18 weeks
(1)
20 week scan
(1)
20 weeks
(1)
24 weeks 1 day
(1)
26 weeks 1 day
(1)
34 weeks
(1)
35 weeks 5 days
(1)
37 weeks
(1)
39 weeks 1 day
(1)
4 months
(1)
AIOs
(1)
allergies
(1)
anatomy scan
(1)
anniversary
(1)
anxiety
(5)
baby belly
(1)
Baby G
(2)
baby names
(1)
becoming a mom
(1)
bed rest
(1)
being neurotic
(1)
belly touching
(2)
birth story
(2)
birth weight
(3)
birth wishes
(2)
birthing class
(1)
blogging
(2)
blood pressure
(3)
boobs
(3)
breastfeeding
(3)
C25K
(1)
cake
(1)
Chair and a 1/2
(1)
children
(1)
cholestasis
(2)
choroid plexus cyst
(3)
Christmas
(1)
chromosome
(2)
clot diapers
(1)
clothes
(1)
D and C
(1)
day care
(1)
depression
(7)
dizziness
(1)
doctor
(4)
doppler
(3)
dry heave
(1)
emotions
(2)
epidural
(2)
family
(1)
fatigue
(1)
favorite things
(1)
fear
(1)
fears
(1)
fetal pole
(1)
first time mom
(2)
Five Question Friday
(13)
flutters
(1)
food aversions
(1)
gagging
(1)
gas
(1)
gDiapers
(1)
Glad
(1)
going public
(1)
grieving
(1)
Guilt
(2)
hair
(2)
happy pill
(3)
headaches
(1)
heart beat
(2)
hippies
(1)
IComLeavWe
(4)
inhaler
(1)
kicks
(2)
labor
(2)
life
(5)
mannequins
(1)
maternity shirt
(1)
mattress
(1)
medication
(1)
Memorable Moment Monday
(3)
miscarriage
(9)
models
(1)
mommy musings
(2)
monosomy x
(2)
morning sickness
(2)
mourning
(1)
movement
(3)
movies
(1)
NaBloPoMo
(3)
nausea
(1)
needles
(1)
New Beginnings
(1)
New Year's
(1)
NT scan
(1)
opinions
(1)
PAIL
(4)
parenting decisions
(3)
period
(1)
pictures i drew
(1)
pocket diapers
(1)
poke
(1)
pops
(1)
post
(1)
postpartum
(4)
pre-eclampsia
(1)
pre-folds
(1)
pregnancy
(8)
pregnancy brain
(1)
Pregnant Lady PSA
(1)
Ramblings
(2)
Rememberance Day
(1)
Remembrance Day
(1)
SAHM
(1)
scared
(1)
second trimester
(1)
shimmy
(1)
silly things I have done
(1)
similarities
(1)
smart knot
(1)
Snappi
(1)
sofa
(1)
spotting
(1)
stuffy nose
(1)
telling people
(3)
therapy
(1)
things to remember
(1)
third trimester
(6)
thoughts
(1)
Turner Syndrome
(1)
ultrasound
(2)
uterus
(1)
Valentine's Day
(1)
Wednesday Weigh In
(21)
working
(1)
yolk sac
(1)
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment