I'm getting pretty tired of doctors. Between my primary care doctor, the OB, and the ultrasound doctor, I've seen a doctor about 6 times in 10 weeks.
I got sick about 10 weeks ago and my primary care doctor told me I had a cold. The cold went away after about 2.5 to 3 weeks, but the cough I developed never really went away. At that time, my OB, concerned that I was also coughing stuff up, put me on an antibiotic for a week. It helped, but my cough still lingered. About a week after I finished the antibiotic I went back to my primary care doctor for a rash. I mentioned the cough and she said it could be from allergies and that I could take Claritin or Zyrtec. Well, I wasn't too keen on taking anything for allergies when she didn't take a look inside my ears, nose, and throat and didn't listen to my lungs, so I bought Claritin but it's been sitting on our kitchen table ever since. Then, exactly two weeks ago, I got sick again. My throat was sore and my cough was back. My head was so stuffed up I felt like it was going to explode. I went back to the primary doctor and was told I had a virus. I know there really isn't anything you can take for a virus, but at that point I had been sick for eight weeks. I wanted something and made it pretty clear that I had been sick for two months. I mean, the second trimester is supposed to be easy right? I'm supposed to be enjoying myself, right? How can I do that constantly being sick? So the doctor gave me an antibiotic to take for 10 days. Oh yeah, and I also had an OB appointment that same week.
I finished the antibiotic a couple days ago and last night I started wheezing every time I tried taking a deep breath. But it was only happening when I was sitting down or leaning back in bed or on the couch propped up by pillows. I seemed to be fine while standing. I've been short of breath this entire pregnancy, but was told by the OB not to worry about it unless I started wheezing.
So back to the primary doctor I went this morning. It wasn't the best appointment ever. The practice has recently moved offices. I was the first patient they were able to take a credit card payment for, the laptops the doctors carry around weren't working, and my doctor couldn't find any of the breath test devices so she could see how much oxygen I was breathing in and out. And of course, when she went to listen to my lungs she couldn't hear any wheezing. She gave me an inhaler to use three times a day for a week, told me to start taking Claritin or Zyrtec to help with the fluid I still have in my ears, and to come back in one week, saying that by then they should have located the device to test my breathing. I'm going to follow her advice this time, she did say that the inhaler and allergy medicine are safe for me and Little Guy, but I left feeling like my appointment was not thorough enough, and that left me anxious.
Little Guy was extremely active over the weekend, but not as much today. I am feeling little pops, and I'm pretty sure he's shifted to the front of my tummy twice today, but the movements just aren't as strong as they were. I'm not even 23 weeks yet, so I have about a month left before I have to worry about not feeling him consistently, but knowing that wheezing isn't good for a pregnant lady has made me think about his movements a lot today.
I know I'll probably be miserable in other ways, but I'm really, really hoping that my third trimester will be illness-free.
Things I've Talked About
18 weeks
(1)
20 week scan
(1)
20 weeks
(1)
24 weeks 1 day
(1)
26 weeks 1 day
(1)
34 weeks
(1)
35 weeks 5 days
(1)
37 weeks
(1)
39 weeks 1 day
(1)
4 months
(1)
AIOs
(1)
allergies
(1)
anatomy scan
(1)
anniversary
(1)
anxiety
(5)
baby belly
(1)
Baby G
(2)
baby names
(1)
becoming a mom
(1)
bed rest
(1)
being neurotic
(1)
belly touching
(2)
birth story
(2)
birth weight
(3)
birth wishes
(2)
birthing class
(1)
blogging
(2)
blood pressure
(3)
boobs
(3)
breastfeeding
(3)
C25K
(1)
cake
(1)
Chair and a 1/2
(1)
children
(1)
cholestasis
(2)
choroid plexus cyst
(3)
Christmas
(1)
chromosome
(2)
clot diapers
(1)
clothes
(1)
D and C
(1)
day care
(1)
depression
(7)
dizziness
(1)
doctor
(4)
doppler
(3)
dry heave
(1)
emotions
(2)
epidural
(2)
family
(1)
fatigue
(1)
favorite things
(1)
fear
(1)
fears
(1)
fetal pole
(1)
first time mom
(2)
Five Question Friday
(13)
flutters
(1)
food aversions
(1)
gagging
(1)
gas
(1)
gDiapers
(1)
Glad
(1)
going public
(1)
grieving
(1)
Guilt
(2)
hair
(2)
happy pill
(3)
headaches
(1)
heart beat
(2)
hippies
(1)
IComLeavWe
(4)
inhaler
(1)
kicks
(2)
labor
(2)
life
(5)
mannequins
(1)
maternity shirt
(1)
mattress
(1)
medication
(1)
Memorable Moment Monday
(3)
miscarriage
(9)
models
(1)
mommy musings
(2)
monosomy x
(2)
morning sickness
(2)
mourning
(1)
movement
(3)
movies
(1)
NaBloPoMo
(3)
nausea
(1)
needles
(1)
New Beginnings
(1)
New Year's
(1)
NT scan
(1)
opinions
(1)
PAIL
(4)
parenting decisions
(3)
period
(1)
pictures i drew
(1)
pocket diapers
(1)
poke
(1)
pops
(1)
post
(1)
postpartum
(4)
pre-eclampsia
(1)
pre-folds
(1)
pregnancy
(8)
pregnancy brain
(1)
Pregnant Lady PSA
(1)
Ramblings
(2)
Rememberance Day
(1)
Remembrance Day
(1)
SAHM
(1)
scared
(1)
second trimester
(1)
shimmy
(1)
silly things I have done
(1)
similarities
(1)
smart knot
(1)
Snappi
(1)
sofa
(1)
spotting
(1)
stuffy nose
(1)
telling people
(3)
therapy
(1)
things to remember
(1)
third trimester
(6)
thoughts
(1)
Turner Syndrome
(1)
ultrasound
(2)
uterus
(1)
Valentine's Day
(1)
Wednesday Weigh In
(21)
working
(1)
yolk sac
(1)
No comments:
Post a Comment