Things I've Talked About

18 weeks (1) 20 week scan (1) 20 weeks (1) 24 weeks 1 day (1) 26 weeks 1 day (1) 34 weeks (1) 35 weeks 5 days (1) 37 weeks (1) 39 weeks 1 day (1) 4 months (1) AIOs (1) allergies (1) anatomy scan (1) anniversary (1) anxiety (5) baby belly (1) Baby G (2) baby names (1) becoming a mom (1) bed rest (1) being neurotic (1) belly touching (2) birth story (2) birth weight (3) birth wishes (2) birthing class (1) blogging (2) blood pressure (3) boobs (3) breastfeeding (3) C25K (1) cake (1) Chair and a 1/2 (1) children (1) cholestasis (2) choroid plexus cyst (3) Christmas (1) chromosome (2) clot diapers (1) clothes (1) D and C (1) day care (1) depression (7) dizziness (1) doctor (4) doppler (3) dry heave (1) emotions (2) epidural (2) family (1) fatigue (1) favorite things (1) fear (1) fears (1) fetal pole (1) first time mom (2) Five Question Friday (13) flutters (1) food aversions (1) gagging (1) gas (1) gDiapers (1) Glad (1) going public (1) grieving (1) Guilt (2) hair (2) happy pill (3) headaches (1) heart beat (2) hippies (1) IComLeavWe (4) inhaler (1) kicks (2) labor (2) life (5) mannequins (1) maternity shirt (1) mattress (1) medication (1) Memorable Moment Monday (3) miscarriage (9) models (1) mommy musings (2) monosomy x (2) morning sickness (2) mourning (1) movement (3) movies (1) NaBloPoMo (3) nausea (1) needles (1) New Beginnings (1) New Year's (1) NT scan (1) opinions (1) PAIL (4) parenting decisions (3) period (1) pictures i drew (1) pocket diapers (1) poke (1) pops (1) post (1) postpartum (4) pre-eclampsia (1) pre-folds (1) pregnancy (8) pregnancy brain (1) Pregnant Lady PSA (1) Ramblings (2) Rememberance Day (1) Remembrance Day (1) SAHM (1) scared (1) second trimester (1) shimmy (1) silly things I have done (1) similarities (1) smart knot (1) Snappi (1) sofa (1) spotting (1) stuffy nose (1) telling people (3) therapy (1) things to remember (1) third trimester (6) thoughts (1) Turner Syndrome (1) ultrasound (2) uterus (1) Valentine's Day (1) Wednesday Weigh In (21) working (1) yolk sac (1)

Friday, October 7, 2011

Dear Baby

Dear Baby,

You are 15 weeks and 2 days along today. You're still around with a heartbeat in the 150's - I know because I just listened to you on the doppler. I think I started feeling you move about three weeks ago. Sometimes it feels like flutters, other times it's a tiny shimmy. Today it feels similar to bubbles popping inside my uterus. When I first thought I felt you move, I felt two strong flutters. I don't think those were gas because one of them tickled and I giggled when I felt it. Gas doesn't make me giggle. I was eating dinner at your grandparent's house later that same week when it felt like pop rocks were exploding in my uterus. It was something I had never felt before so I'm pretty sure that was you saying hello. I'm looking forward to when I feel your first real poke or jab.
Other than the little flutters, shimmies and pops, it's hard to remember you're growing inside of me. If I look like I'm showing then it's because I'm bloated. I still fit in my pre-pregnancy clothes, although I did give in a bought a maternity shirt the other day. It was actually pretty comfortable and I didn't feel like I had to suck in my gut every time I stood up and walked around. I'm tempted to go out and buy a few more!

I have read about some women who wake up at the beginning of their second trimester and they feel like a million bucks; their morning sickness and fatigue is suddenly gone and they don't feel pregnant at all. I can't say that really happened to me, although as soon as I hit 12 weeks with you my fatigue lessened greatly, but it was replaced by near-migraine-like headaches. My morning sickness seemed to worsen for another week or two, but now I seem to get nauseous only when it's time to eat. Feelings of light-headedness and dizziness at various moments throughout the day have also increased. A stuffy nose has been the only constant symptom I've had throughout this pregnancy so far.

I came down with a cold last week that got worse last weekend. I don't think I'm doing much better today than I was on Monday. I apologize if my coughing keeps you up at night and if my hunching over to keep my stomach and uterus from hurting too much when I cough squishes you. I'd imagine that if listening to my gas is supposed to soothe you, the jerking motions you must feel as I cough must rock you to sleep. Or at least I hope so!
I'm currently counting down the days until your next appointment. I am hoping there will be an ultrasound so your dad and I can see you, but I have a feeling we'll only get to listen to you.

Whenever you're ready to make your presence really known, I'm ready! All I ask is that you be kind to my insides and keep your punching strictly to my tummy.

Love,
Mommy 

No comments:

Post a Comment