Things I've Talked About

18 weeks (1) 20 week scan (1) 20 weeks (1) 24 weeks 1 day (1) 26 weeks 1 day (1) 34 weeks (1) 35 weeks 5 days (1) 37 weeks (1) 39 weeks 1 day (1) 4 months (1) AIOs (1) allergies (1) anatomy scan (1) anniversary (1) anxiety (5) baby belly (1) Baby G (2) baby names (1) becoming a mom (1) bed rest (1) being neurotic (1) belly touching (2) birth story (2) birth weight (3) birth wishes (2) birthing class (1) blogging (2) blood pressure (3) boobs (3) breastfeeding (3) C25K (1) cake (1) Chair and a 1/2 (1) children (1) cholestasis (2) choroid plexus cyst (3) Christmas (1) chromosome (2) clot diapers (1) clothes (1) D and C (1) day care (1) depression (7) dizziness (1) doctor (4) doppler (3) dry heave (1) emotions (2) epidural (2) family (1) fatigue (1) favorite things (1) fear (1) fears (1) fetal pole (1) first time mom (2) Five Question Friday (13) flutters (1) food aversions (1) gagging (1) gas (1) gDiapers (1) Glad (1) going public (1) grieving (1) Guilt (2) hair (2) happy pill (3) headaches (1) heart beat (2) hippies (1) IComLeavWe (4) inhaler (1) kicks (2) labor (2) life (5) mannequins (1) maternity shirt (1) mattress (1) medication (1) Memorable Moment Monday (3) miscarriage (9) models (1) mommy musings (2) monosomy x (2) morning sickness (2) mourning (1) movement (3) movies (1) NaBloPoMo (3) nausea (1) needles (1) New Beginnings (1) New Year's (1) NT scan (1) opinions (1) PAIL (4) parenting decisions (3) period (1) pictures i drew (1) pocket diapers (1) poke (1) pops (1) post (1) postpartum (4) pre-eclampsia (1) pre-folds (1) pregnancy (8) pregnancy brain (1) Pregnant Lady PSA (1) Ramblings (2) Rememberance Day (1) Remembrance Day (1) SAHM (1) scared (1) second trimester (1) shimmy (1) silly things I have done (1) similarities (1) smart knot (1) Snappi (1) sofa (1) spotting (1) stuffy nose (1) telling people (3) therapy (1) things to remember (1) third trimester (6) thoughts (1) Turner Syndrome (1) ultrasound (2) uterus (1) Valentine's Day (1) Wednesday Weigh In (21) working (1) yolk sac (1)

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Is my love affair with Food Network ending?

I've been obsessed with Food Network for a few years now. I could turn the TV on and leave it on that channel all day. I'd salivate as I watched yummy foods being made. Sometimes I swear could smell the deliciousness through the TV.

But since I got pregnant again my relationship with food has changed. I never know what to eat, even when I'm hungry. Nothing sounds good to me. Sometimes when Hubby names a food or restaurant for dinner and it just turns my stomach. Trying to figure out what to bring to work to eat throughout the day has been a nightmare. I haven't even been open the fridge or pantry without dry heaving in the sink and lying back down on the bed until the nausea passes. When one of my friends had a baby last month I sent her something from Edible Arrangements because the thought of having to make or even buy her food to take to her made me gip. Even reading the list of foods being brought in for my work's last pot luck lunch had me running to the trash can.

Luckily, I have only thrown up once with this pregnancy and that was because dinner did not sit well with me. Hubby also felt ill after dinner, so I can confidently say it wasn't morning sickness. But gagging and dry heaving is not fun either. In fact, I'd rather be throwing up when I dry heave. At least then I would feel like my body was accomplishing something other than making gross noises.

Sadly, my food aversions have meant I've had to take a break from Food Network. I'm pretty sure Hubby is totally cool with it. He can't stand watching it all day long like I can. But it's made me so sad that I haven't been able to stomach watching it. When I do, I'll think about what the food much smell like and I want to throw up. Or sometimes it's just the sight of the food -- and let's be honest, sometimes the chefs cook with some weird and kind of gross stuff. If an apple makes me want to puke, then the sight of pig intestines isn't going to be good either.

So my after work routine, which for the past 10 months has consisted of getting home, changing into my PJs and turning on Food Network has changed to changing into PJs and turning on TBS to watch Friends. Sad, because Friends isn't even on my list of favorite TV shows to watch :o/

No comments:

Post a Comment