Things I've Talked About

18 weeks (1) 20 week scan (1) 20 weeks (1) 24 weeks 1 day (1) 26 weeks 1 day (1) 34 weeks (1) 35 weeks 5 days (1) 37 weeks (1) 39 weeks 1 day (1) 4 months (1) AIOs (1) allergies (1) anatomy scan (1) anniversary (1) anxiety (5) baby belly (1) Baby G (2) baby names (1) becoming a mom (1) bed rest (1) being neurotic (1) belly touching (2) birth story (2) birth weight (3) birth wishes (2) birthing class (1) blogging (2) blood pressure (3) boobs (3) breastfeeding (3) C25K (1) cake (1) Chair and a 1/2 (1) children (1) cholestasis (2) choroid plexus cyst (3) Christmas (1) chromosome (2) clot diapers (1) clothes (1) D and C (1) day care (1) depression (7) dizziness (1) doctor (4) doppler (3) dry heave (1) emotions (2) epidural (2) family (1) fatigue (1) favorite things (1) fear (1) fears (1) fetal pole (1) first time mom (2) Five Question Friday (13) flutters (1) food aversions (1) gagging (1) gas (1) gDiapers (1) Glad (1) going public (1) grieving (1) Guilt (2) hair (2) happy pill (3) headaches (1) heart beat (2) hippies (1) IComLeavWe (4) inhaler (1) kicks (2) labor (2) life (5) mannequins (1) maternity shirt (1) mattress (1) medication (1) Memorable Moment Monday (3) miscarriage (9) models (1) mommy musings (2) monosomy x (2) morning sickness (2) mourning (1) movement (3) movies (1) NaBloPoMo (3) nausea (1) needles (1) New Beginnings (1) New Year's (1) NT scan (1) opinions (1) PAIL (4) parenting decisions (3) period (1) pictures i drew (1) pocket diapers (1) poke (1) pops (1) post (1) postpartum (4) pre-eclampsia (1) pre-folds (1) pregnancy (8) pregnancy brain (1) Pregnant Lady PSA (1) Ramblings (2) Rememberance Day (1) Remembrance Day (1) SAHM (1) scared (1) second trimester (1) shimmy (1) silly things I have done (1) similarities (1) smart knot (1) Snappi (1) sofa (1) spotting (1) stuffy nose (1) telling people (3) therapy (1) things to remember (1) third trimester (6) thoughts (1) Turner Syndrome (1) ultrasound (2) uterus (1) Valentine's Day (1) Wednesday Weigh In (21) working (1) yolk sac (1)

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

my prune is alreday costing us fortune!

So far being pregnant has been decent. Except for the insurance.

I had a hard time finding an OBGYN that accepted our insurance. My first visit to an OBGYN resulted in leaving almost as soon as I arrived because it turned out they didn't take my specific plan. Since delivering at Fair Oaks Hospital is not negotiable it was hard finding someone who took my insurance AND delivered at Fair Oaks.

We got that straight and realized that ultrasounds aren't covered and we had a $200 prenatal copay (which is now $300 since Jake's plan changed). Then yesterday we received an EOB from our insurance company letting us know that the in-house lab at the OBGYN doesn't participate with the insurance company so we'll have to pay out of pocket for the confirmation blood tests I had with them back in December.

I only wish I had received that bill before my visit on January 24th. I had eight vials of blood, a pap, and a urine sample taken that day. Two blood tests is about $200. My guess is Jake and I should expect an $800-$1000 bill in the next month or so.

So what have I been doing since opening that piece of mail? Freaking out about whether or not I should find another doctor or stick with my current practice and just go to the ONE AND ONLY lab that my insurance allows me to go to. After asking around I lucked out and found an OBGYN that takes my insurance, delivers at Fair Oaks AND their in-house lab is the one lab I can go to.

HOORAY! I think I'll be able to sleep now. I'm just disappointed that the bill we're about to receive will use up most, if not all, of the flex spending dollars Jake and I will have left. We were hoping to use them for the delivery or even the baby's doctor visits later this year. But I guess we'll be digging into our pockets for those visits :)

It's amazing how something so small can be so expensive :)

No comments:

Post a Comment