This pregnancy has been different from the last one symptom-wise. So much so, that some days I don't even think I'm pregnant and I've found myself in denial over it. The other day one of my friends asked me if I wanted a glass of wine. I had been eyeing her glass. It looked yummy. I knew it would calm my nerves. I almost said yes. Then I had to remind myself I'm pregnant and this is a time of crucial baby-development. A glass of wine wouldn't be a smart idea.
It's so strange to feel 100% pregnant one day and then 100% not pregnant the next. I'm definitely pregnant. An EPT and two ultrasounds have confirmed that. But I felt 100% pregnant 100% of the time when I was pregnant with my last baby. It definitely freaks me out not to feel the same way this time.
Pregnancy #2
Vivid dreams. I had several that told me I was pregnant before I was able to take a pregnancy test.
My nausea has been a bit sporadic. And since Saturday I've noticed it more between dinner and bed time. But I definitely haven't had it all day (yet).
Lots of cervical fluid.
Heartburn. Watermelon gives me heartburn. That's never happened to me before.
My joints hurt. My collar bone (which I somehow injured last time I was pregnant) started bothering me almost as soon as I got pregnant. My elbows and knees also hurt.
Poor circulation. I had to sleep with a pillow under my feet for almost a week because my legs and feet felt swollen. My hands fall asleep easily and so do my feet while I'm at work.
Bloating. I was bloated and gassy pretty much as soon as I got pregnant. Since it's summer, I've been able to wear a lot of dresses and skirts, so I haven't had to deal with the discomfort of my jeans feeling like they're two sizes too small.
Spotting. This started on Saturday and has been the scariest symptom by far. The doctor told me she thinks it is from implantation, but it is scary none-the-less.
Since the spotting started, I have felt like I'm on the verge of getting my period. I'm cramping, and it feels like the cramping I get the first day of my period. It's not unbearable, so I think it's okay.
Dizziness. I think this might happen more when it's time for me to eat. But I tend to get fluid in my ears when my allergies kick in, which in turn causes dizziness. It's about that time of the year when my allergies start, so it's hard to say what is causing my dizziness at the moment.
Fatigue. I don't think I'm as tired as I was last pregnancy. But maybe I'm too anxious to sleep well. I do yawn a lot when I'm at work though, and I think about my bed often.
I'm moodier. I know it's probably due to my pregnancy hormones, but I'm also not 100% over my miscarriage. I can cry over anything slightly upsetting. I'll get angry over anything that doesn't go the way I think it should (I've been stuck in the anger phase of grief for a while now).
MY BOOBS HURT! Yes, I'm excited about this. It should mean that they're getting bigger (or will shortly). This is the one thing my pregnant friends complained about. And mine never really hurt with the last pregnancy. The fact that mine hurt so early this time around gives me some hope that this pregnancy will stick. I can't tell you how many times I'll grope myself to make sure they're still tender.
Anxiety. To the point I start shaking, I can't eat, I think I'm going to throw up, and I cry. I'm so scared that I'm going to lose this baby too that I start obsessing over symptoms that "go away". I obsess over every single ache and pain. It's driving Jake nuts.
Hmm. Looking back at my symptom post from pregnancy #1, most of these symptoms are the same. All these symptoms and I don't ever seem to have them all at the same time like I did with my last pregnancy. I think the fact that I'm not sick 100% of the time is throwing me off. I guess I should start considering myself lucky on that count.
Things I've Talked About
18 weeks
(1)
20 week scan
(1)
20 weeks
(1)
24 weeks 1 day
(1)
26 weeks 1 day
(1)
34 weeks
(1)
35 weeks 5 days
(1)
37 weeks
(1)
39 weeks 1 day
(1)
4 months
(1)
AIOs
(1)
allergies
(1)
anatomy scan
(1)
anniversary
(1)
anxiety
(5)
baby belly
(1)
Baby G
(2)
baby names
(1)
becoming a mom
(1)
bed rest
(1)
being neurotic
(1)
belly touching
(2)
birth story
(2)
birth weight
(3)
birth wishes
(2)
birthing class
(1)
blogging
(2)
blood pressure
(3)
boobs
(3)
breastfeeding
(3)
C25K
(1)
cake
(1)
Chair and a 1/2
(1)
children
(1)
cholestasis
(2)
choroid plexus cyst
(3)
Christmas
(1)
chromosome
(2)
clot diapers
(1)
clothes
(1)
D and C
(1)
day care
(1)
depression
(7)
dizziness
(1)
doctor
(4)
doppler
(3)
dry heave
(1)
emotions
(2)
epidural
(2)
family
(1)
fatigue
(1)
favorite things
(1)
fear
(1)
fears
(1)
fetal pole
(1)
first time mom
(2)
Five Question Friday
(13)
flutters
(1)
food aversions
(1)
gagging
(1)
gas
(1)
gDiapers
(1)
Glad
(1)
going public
(1)
grieving
(1)
Guilt
(2)
hair
(2)
happy pill
(3)
headaches
(1)
heart beat
(2)
hippies
(1)
IComLeavWe
(4)
inhaler
(1)
kicks
(2)
labor
(2)
life
(5)
mannequins
(1)
maternity shirt
(1)
mattress
(1)
medication
(1)
Memorable Moment Monday
(3)
miscarriage
(9)
models
(1)
mommy musings
(2)
monosomy x
(2)
morning sickness
(2)
mourning
(1)
movement
(3)
movies
(1)
NaBloPoMo
(3)
nausea
(1)
needles
(1)
New Beginnings
(1)
New Year's
(1)
NT scan
(1)
opinions
(1)
PAIL
(4)
parenting decisions
(3)
period
(1)
pictures i drew
(1)
pocket diapers
(1)
poke
(1)
pops
(1)
post
(1)
postpartum
(4)
pre-eclampsia
(1)
pre-folds
(1)
pregnancy
(8)
pregnancy brain
(1)
Pregnant Lady PSA
(1)
Ramblings
(2)
Rememberance Day
(1)
Remembrance Day
(1)
SAHM
(1)
scared
(1)
second trimester
(1)
shimmy
(1)
silly things I have done
(1)
similarities
(1)
smart knot
(1)
Snappi
(1)
sofa
(1)
spotting
(1)
stuffy nose
(1)
telling people
(3)
therapy
(1)
things to remember
(1)
third trimester
(6)
thoughts
(1)
Turner Syndrome
(1)
ultrasound
(2)
uterus
(1)
Valentine's Day
(1)
Wednesday Weigh In
(21)
working
(1)
yolk sac
(1)
No comments:
Post a Comment